2021 has been a busy year for children's birthday parties, with many parents going all-out to celebrate their child's birthday, as they missed out last year! Coupled with the fact that many halls and venues are still aren't taking bookings, this means its difficult to find somewhere to hold your child's party!
There are a few solutions to this. The first is to host the party at home, this is a great option for smaller parties, or if you have a lot of space at home. It also saves the cost of the hall hire, as well as the effort of driving back-and-forth to set up and decorate the hall (and we all forget something and have to drive back!). I often perform in living rooms or gardens for parties at home, so speak to any entertainment you are looking to have, and see if this would be an option.
The second solution is to host the party during the week, after school. This is a great option for a number of reasons:
- There is much more availability for halls/venues.
- There is usually more availability for entertainers.
- Halls & entertainers may offer a discounted price for a mid-week party. (You can read other money saving ideas in my previous blog post here)
- You can have the party on your child's birthday, not just the nearest weekend.
- This leaves you with your weekend to celebrate your child's birthday as a family.
The best option, or course, is to combine the above and has your child's next birthday party after school, and at home. This year I've also performed at a number of such parties, This is a great way to host your child's party as you get all the advantages of hosting both an after school party and a party at home!